Kabul transit [videorecording] / Akbar Taxiwan Pictures presents ; directed and produced by David Edwards, Gregory Whitmore, and Maliha Zulfacar.
- Widescreen format.
- Oley, PA : Bullfrog Films, [2006?]
1 videodisc (85 min.) : sd., col. ; 4 3/4 in.
- Kabul (Afghanistan) -- Social conditions -- 21st century.
Afghanistan -- History -- 2001-
Afghan War, 2001-
- Documentary films.
Video recordings for the hearing impaired.
- In English, Persian, Pushto, Russian, and French. Optional subtitles in English, Persian or Spanish.
Closed-captioned in English.
- System Details:
- "In the broken cityscape of Kabul, Afghanistan, amid the dust and rubble of war, Westerners and Afghans adjust to the uncertain possibilities of peace. [The film] shuttles through the broken streets of the city, moving between public space and private, listening in on conversations, posing questions, probing the darker alleys mainstream media avoids ... Rejecting the usual device of narration and portraiture, the film asks the viewer to experience Kabul as a newly arrived visitor would"--Container.
- Camera and editing, Gregory Whitmore ; music by Anouar Brahem ... [et al.].
- Originally produced as a documentary film in 2006.
"An Afghanistan/USA co-production"--Closing credits.
Special feature: 17 additional scenes (ca. 53 min.).
- Local notes:
- Acquired for the Penn Libraries with assistance from the George Clapp Vaillant Book Fund.
- Edwards, David B. , Producer, Director
Whitmore, Gregory. , Producer, Director
Zulfacar, Maliha. , Producer, Director
Akbar Taxiwan Pictures.
George Clapp Vaillant Book Fund.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|