From the shadow of the mountain; my post-meridian years. By Van Wyck Brooks.
- [First Edition.]
- New York, E. P. Dutton & Company, Inc., 1961. (New York : Printed in the United States of America American Book--Stratford Press, Inc.)
, 202,  p.,  leaf of plates port. 22 cm.
- Brooks, Van Wyck, 1886-1963.
Authors, American -- 20th century -- Biography.
Authors -- Correspondence, reminiscences, etc.
Authors -- Correspondence.
- Local subjects:
- Brooks, Van Wyck, 1886-1963 (autograph) (Culture Class Collection copy)
- Place of Publication:
- United States New York (State) New York.
- With half-title.
"Copyright 1961 by Van Wyck Brooks."
"This is the third and final volume of a series that relates the story of my life. It follows 'Scenes and Portraits: Memories of Childhood and Youth' and 'Days of the Phoenix: The Nineteen-Twenties I Remember'."--Note.
"Jacket Design by William Metzig."
Price from dust-jacket: $4.50.
Dark blue cloth spine with white paper label printed in black; grey boards with Dutton medallion stamped in blind on front cover. Top edge stained red; other edges trimmed.
- Local notes:
- Culture Class Collection copy has dust-jacket retained.
Culture Class Collection copy inscribed to Louis & Bryna Untermeyer by Van Wyck Brooks, September 1961.
Culture Class Collection copy has article by Brooks Atkinson on Van Wyck Brooks cut from the New York Times of Sept. 22, 1961 pasted to front pastedown.
- Penn Provenance:
- Untermeyer, Louis, 1885-1977 (inscription) (Culture Class Collection copy)
Untermeyer, Bryna (inscription) (Culture Class Collection copy)
- Penn Chronology:
- Metzig, William, 1893-1989.
Culture Class Collection (University of Pennsylvania)
American Culture Class Collection (University of Pennsylvania)
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|