Wise blood [videorecording] / Janus Films ; Michael and Kathy Fitzgerald present ; an Ithaca-Anthea coproduction ; screenplay, Benedict and Michael Fitzgerald ; produced by Michael and Kathy Fitzgerald ; directed by Jhon Huston.
- Special ed.; enhanced for widescreen TVs.
- [Irvington, NY] : The Criterion Collection, c2009.
- Criterion collection; 470.
The Criterion collection ; 470
1 videodisc (106 min.) : sd., col. and b&w ; 4 3/4 in. + 1 booklet (12 p. : ill. ; 18 cm.).
- O'Connor, Flannery -- Film adaptations.
Veterans -- United States -- Drama.
Rural churches -- Southern States -- Drama.
Irreligion -- Southern States -- Drama.
Prophecy -- Drama.
- Film adaptations.
Dark comedy films.
Video recordings for the hearing impaired.
- In English.
Open-captioned for the hearing impaired (SDH).
- System Details:
- DVD, NTSC, Region 1; Dolby Digital mono.
- U.S. Army war veteran Hazel Motes may not be a believing Christian, but he somehow makes observations about the state of a run-down country church and understands that there are ridiculous frauds on the streets. When a cab driver insists he looks like a preacher in his new hat, Hazel takes on the part. He starts his own new Church of Truth, without the crucified Jesus. His first disciple is an 18-year old simpleton with a 'prophetic gift.'
- Brad Dourif, Ned Beatty, Harry Dean Stanton, Dan Shor, Amy Wright, Mary Nell Santacroce, William Hickey, Jhon Huston.
- Director of photography, Gerry Fisher; editor, Roberto Silvi; music, Alex North.
- Based on Wise blood / by Flannery O'Connor.
Videodisc release of the motion picture produced in 1979.
John Huston's name is intentionally misspelled in the opening frames.
Special features: new interviews with actor Brad Dourif, writer Benedict Fitzgerald, and writer-producer Michael Fitzgerald; rare archival audio recording of author Flannery O'Connor reading her short story "A good man is hard to find;" a 26-min. episode of the television program "Creativity with Bill Moyers" from 1982, featuring director John Huston discussing his life and work; theatrical trailer.
Aspect ratio 1.78:1.
- Huston, John, 1906-1987 , Actor, Director
Fitzgerald, Michael. , Adapter, Screenwriter, Producer
Fitzgerald, Kathy. , Producer
Fitzgerald, Benedict, 1949- , Adapter, Screenwriter
Dourif, Brad, 1950- , Actor
Beatty, Ned. , Actor
Stanton, Harry Dean, 1926-2017 , Actor
Shor, Dan. , Actor
Wright, Amy, 1950- , Actor
Santacroce, Mary Nell, 1918-1999. , Actor
Hickey, William, 1928-1997. , Actor
North, Alex. , Composer
O'Connor, Flannery. , Author
Janus Films. , Producer
Anthea (Firm) , Producer
Ithaca Productions, Inc. , Producer
Criterion Collection (Firm) , Distributor
- Publisher Number:
CC1809D Criterion Collection
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|