State of denial [videorecording] / Lovett Productions ; co-produced by Penny Elliott Hays ; directed & produced by Elaine Epstein.
- [San Francisco, Calif.] : California Newsreel, c2003.
- Library of African cinema.
Library of African cinema
1 videodisc (83 min.) : sd., col. ; 4 3/4 in.
- AIDS (Disease) -- South Africa.
HIV infections -- South Africa.
AIDS (Disease) -- Government policy -- South Africa.
AIDS (Disease) -- Political aspects -- South Africa.
AIDS (Disease) -- Social aspects -- South Africa.
AIDS (Disease) -- Treatment -- South Africa -- Costs.
AIDS (Disease) -- Prevention -- Government policy -- South Africa.
AIDS (Disease) -- Prevention -- Political aspects -- South Africa.
AIDS (Disease) -- Patients -- South Africa -- Social conditions.
HIV (Viruses) -- Political aspects -- South Africa.
HIV-positive persons -- Services for -- South Africa.
Medical care, Cost of -- South Africa.
Drugs -- Prices -- South Africa.
Treatment Action Campaign.
Social action -- South Africa.
Social movements -- South Africa.
Video recordings for the hearing impaired.
- Documentary films.
- In English, Sotho and Zulu with English subtitles. Closed-captioned.
- System Details:
- South Africa is the country with the highest number of HIV positive people in the world. By the year 2000, an estimated 4.2 million people were infected with HIV; if present trends continue by 2010, 7 million will have died of the disease. State of Denial puts a human face on the millions affected by introducing us to six South Africans involved with the AIDS epidemic. It shows how they must fight not only the disease but the greed of the drug cartels and the neglect and inactivity of their own government in order to get treatment.
- Commentary, Zackie Achmat.
- Executive producers, Harriet Gavshon, David Jammy, Joseph Lovett ; cinematography, Sven Cheatle ... [et al.] ; film editing, Penny Elliot Hays ; sound, Ken Hahn ; music, Thomas DeRenzo.
- Originally produced as motion picture in 2003.
"An unprecedented and unflinching look at how the citizens of South Africa are living with the AIDS epidemic, given the climate of governmental confusion and neglect."--IMBd.com.
- Epstein, Elaine.
California Newsreel (Firm)
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|