Scottsboro [videorecording] : an American tragedy / a Social Media Productions, Inc. production ; WGBH Boston ; produced by Daniel Anker and Barak Goodman ; written and directed by Barak Goodman ; co-directed by Daniel Anker.
- [Alexandria, Va.] : PBS Home Video, c2005.
1 videodisc (ca. 90 min.) : sd., col. and b&w ; 4 3/4 in.
- Scottsboro Trial, Scottsboro, Ala., 1931.
Trials (Rape) -- Alabama -- Scottsboro.
- Documentary television programs.
Video recordings for the hearing impaired.
- System Details:
- DVD, region 1; stereo.
- "In March 1931, two white women stepped from a boxcar in Paint Rock, Alabama to make a shocking accusation: they had been raped by nine black teenagers on the train. So began one of the most significant legal fights of the twentieth century. The trials of the nine young men would draw North and South into their sharpest conflict since the Civil War, yield two momentous Supreme Court decisions and give birth to the civil rights movement."--Container.
- Narrator, André Braugher.
- Cinematographer, Buddy Squires ; editor, Jean Tsien ; music, Edward Bilous.
- DVD release of the television program American Experience, originally presented on PBS in 2001.
- Anker, Daniel. , Director, Producer
Goodman, Barak. , Director, Producer, Screenwriter
Braugher, Andre. , Narrator
Squire, Buddy. , Cinematographer
Tsien, Jean. , Editor
Bilous, Edward. , Composer
Social Media Productions. , Producer
PBS Home Video. , Distributor
WGBH (Television station : Boston, Mass.) , Distributor
- Publisher Number:
AMEX6306 PBS Home Video
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|