The ad and the ego [videorecording] : truth and consequences / [presented by] Parallax Pictures ; produced by Harold Boihem & Chris Emmanouilides.
- Philadelphia, PA : Parallax Pictures ; Olympia, WA : Seeland, 2007.
1 videodisc (57 min.) : sd., col. with b&w sequences ; 4 3/4 in.
- Advertising -- Technique.
Advertising -- Psychological aspects.
Symbolism in advertising.
- Documentary films.
Video recordings for the hearing impaired.
- System Details:
- DVD format. Digital video disc. Dolby Digital. Region 1.
- Discusses how the market economy has grown to the point that commercialism invades the most intimate aspects of life. Leading media critics show how living in an environment saturated with advertising creates a psychology of need. The history of advertising is traced from the 19th century through today.
- Truth and consequences
In the beginning
Becoming what we behold
Seeing is believing
Symbolism and power
Less than human
The dream life
The magic system
Why are so few of us wasting so much?
Passion for the road
Protecting our way of life
Media and democracy
- Originally released as a documentary film in 1996 ; USA 6 May 1997.
- Local notes:
- Acquired for the Penn Libraries with assistance from the Rosengarten Family Fund.
- Boihem, Harold. , Producer
Emmanouilides, Chris. , Producer
Parallax Film Productions. , Producer, Distributor
Seeland MediaMedia (Firm) , Producer, Distributor
Rosengarten Family Fund.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|