Institutes of the Christian religion : 1541 French edition / John Calvin ; translated by Elsie Anne McKee.
- Standardized Title:
- Institutio Christianae religionis. English
- Grand Rapids, Mich. : William B. Eerdmans Pub. Co., 2009.
xx, 735 p. ; 23 cm.
- Reformed Church -- Doctrines -- Early works to 1800.
Theology, Doctrinal -- Early works to 1800.
- Introduction / Elsie Anne McKee
The argument of this book
Dedication to Francis I
Of the knowledge of God
Of the knowledge of man and of free will
Of the law
Of faith, where the apostles' creed is explained
Of justification by faith and by the merits of works
Of the similarities and differences between the Old and New Testaments
Of God's predestination and providence
Of prayer, where the prayer of our Lord is explained
Of the Sacraments
Of the Lord's Supper
Of the five other ceremonies falsely called Sacraments : that is, confirmation, penitence, extreme unction, ecclesiastical orders, and marriage
Of Christian liberty
Of the power of the church
Of civil government
Of the Christian life.
- Includes bibliographical references and indexes.
- Local notes:
- Acquired for the Penn Libraries with assistance from the James A. Crawford Memorial Fund.
- McKee, Elsie Anne.
James A. Crawford Memorial Fund.
- 9780802807748 (alk. paper)
0802807747 (alk. paper)
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|