The MC5 and social change : a study in rock and revolution / Mathew J. Bartkowiak.
- Jefferson, N.C. : McFarland, c2009.
ix, 200 p. : ill. ; 23 cm.
- Rock music -- Social aspects -- United States.
Rock music -- Political aspects -- United States.
Rock music -- United States -- History and criticism.
MC5 (Musical group)
White Panther Party.
- "The MC5's 1969 live album Kick Out the Jams was a new measure of the relationship between music and cultural and political change. Evaluating the relationship between rock music and social change, examines how the rebelliousness of rock afforded both media producers and consumers a safe space in which to question social mores and ideas"--Provided by publisher.
- Rock and revolution : the MC5 and music's political life
Fighting in the streets : understanding the undercurrent of rebellion in rock
Revolution on your headphones : charting social location in the rise of the MC5 and the White Panther Party
Motor city burning : rock and rebellion in the WPP and the MC5
Sonic anarchy : the making of the MC5
Guns and guitars : revolutionary style and substance?
Managing the legacy of the sound and the fervor
Up against the wall : music's place in revolution.
- Includes bibliographical references (p. 189-193) and index.
- 9780786440375 (softcover : alk. paper)
0786440376 (softcover : alk. paper)
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|