African writers series [electronic resource].
- Standardized Title:
- African writers series (Online)
- Other Title:
Heinemann African writers series
- [Ann Arbor, Mich.] : Chadwyck-Healey : Proquest Information and Learning Co., c2005-
Database & Article Index
1 online resource
- African literature -- Databases.
- Online databases.
Electronic reference sources.
- System Details:
- Mode of access: World Wide Web.
- "The African Writers Series (AWS) was established in 1962, with the aim of publishing works by black African authors for a general readership in newly independent African nations. It went on to become the principal publishing outlet for new African writing, covering mainly fiction, but also non-fiction, poetry and drama; all the major African authors of the post-independence period were published in the AWS, alongside new editions of classic earlier texts, important political writings, and new works by generations of young authors from the 1960s to the early 21st century."--Literature online information centre.
- Title from home page (release 7, viewed Sept. 29, 2009).
"Chadwyck-Healey literature collections."
- Local notes:
- Acquired for the Penn Libraries with assistance from the Rosengarten Family Fund.
- Chadwyck-Healey, Inc.
ProQuest Information and Learning Company.
Rosengarten Family Fund.
- Other format:
- Print version: African writers series
- Access Restriction:
- Restricted for use by site license.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|