Grand pianola music [sound recording] ; Shaker loops ; The chairman dances ; Short ride in a fast machine / John Adams.
- Standardized Title:
- [England] : EMI Classics, p2008.
- American classics (EMI (Firm))
- Sound recording
1 sound disc : digital, stereo. ; 4 3/4 in.
- Vocal trios with band.
Pianos (2) with band.
- Vocal parts of 1st work are wordless.
- Grand pianola music (32:02)
Shaker loops (24:54)
The chairman dances : foxtrot for orchestra (12:47)
Short ride in a fast machine (4:28).
- In the 1st work: Solisti New York ; Ramsom Wilson, conductor. In the 2nd work: London Chamber Orchestra ; Christopher Warren-Green, conductor. In the 3rd-4th works: City of Birmingham Symphony Orchestra ; Simon Rattle, conductor.
- EMI Classics: 50999 2 06627 2 1 (on insert: 2 06627 2).
The 1st work for 3 women's solo voices, 2 pianos, and band; the 2nd-4th works for orchestra.
Recorded March 1984 at Lehman College Ceter for the Performing Arts, New York, N.Y., March 1, 4-5, 1990 at All Saints Church, Petersham, London, and July and Sept. 1993 at Symphony Hall, Birmingham, England.
Program notes by Martin Cotton in English with German and French translations (11 p.) inserted in container.
- Wilson, Ransom. , Conductor
Rattle, Simon, 1955- , Conductor
Warren-Green, Christopher. , Conductor
Solisti New York. , Performer
London Chamber Orchestra. , Performer
City of Birmingham Symphony Orchestra. , Performer
- Adams, John, 1947- Grand pianola music, women's solo voices, pianos (2), band.
Adams, John, 1947- Shaker loops.
Adams, John, 1947-. Chairman dances.
Adams, John, 1947- Short ride in a fast machine.
Short ride in a fast machine.
- Publisher Number:
50999 2 06627 2 1 EMI Classics
2 06627 2 EMI Classics
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|