The diary of Anne Frank [videorecording] / 20th Century Fox presents ; a Cinemascope picture ; a George Stevens production ; screenplay by Frances Goodrich and Albert Hackett ; produced and directed by George Stevens.
- 50th anniversary ed. ; Widescreen.
- Beverly Hills, CA : 20th Century Fox Home Entertainment, c2009.
1 videodisc (179 min.) : sd., b&w ; 4 3/4 in.
- Frank, Anne, 1929-1945 -- Film adaptations.
Goodrich, Frances -- Film adaptations.
Hackett, Albert -- Film adaptations.
Frank, Anne, 1929-1945 -- Drama.
Jews -- Persecutions -- Netherlands -- Amsterdam -- Drama.
World War, 1939-1945 -- Personal narratives, Jewish -- Drama.
World War, 1939-1945 -- Atrocities -- Netherlands -- Drama.
Hiding places -- Netherlands -- Amsterdam -- Drama.
Jewish teenagers -- Netherlands -- Amsterdam -- Drama.
- Film adaptations.
Thrillers (Motion pictures)
Video recordings for the hearing impaired.
- In English or dubbed Spanish; English, French or Spanish subtitles.
Closed-captioned for the hearing impaired.
- System Details:
- DVD, NTSC, Region 1; Dolby Digital 5.1 surround; Dolby Digital 4.0 surround; Dolby Digital mono.
- Nazi-occupied Amsterdam. Otto Frank and his family have decided to go into hiding due to the increasing persecutions against Jews. Businessman Kraler and his assistant Miep prepare a hiding place in the attic rooms above their place of business. They arrange for the Frank and Van Daan families to stay there. Later on, they are joined by the dentist Dussel. Anne Frank is Otto's 13-year-old daughter. She writes about the remarkable account of their lives, their growing fear of discovery, their deplorable living conditions and even the blooming of her first love. Together, they try to avoid detection while hoping that Holland will be liberated by the Allies.
- Side A. Widescreen presentation [of feature]
side B. Special features.
- Millie Perkins, Joseph Schildkraut, Shelley Winters, Richard Beymer, Gusti Huber, Lou Jacobi, Diane Baker, Ed Wynn.
- Director of photography, William C. Mellor; editors, David Bretherton ... [et al.]; music, Alfred Newman.
- Based on the play The diary of Anne Frank / by Francis Goodrich and Albert Hackett, which was itself based on Het Achterhuis = Diary of a young girl / by Anne Frank.
Videodisc release of the motion picture produced in 1959.
Special features: Audio commentary with George Stevens, Jr. and Millie Perkins; "George Stevens in WWII" featurette; "The making of The diary of Anne Frank : a son's memories" featurette; "The diary of Anne Frank : memories from Millie Perkins and Diane Baker" featurette; "Shelly Winters and The diary of Anne Frank" featurette; "The sound and music of The diary of Anne Frank" featurette; "The diary of Anne Frank : correspondence" featurette; Fox Movie Channel presents Fox Legacy with Tom Rothman; interactive pressbook gallery; behind-the-scenes gallery.
Aspect ratio 2.35:1.
- Stevens, George, 1904-1975 , Director, Producer
Hackett, Albert. , Adapter, Screenwriter, Author
Perkins, Millie, 1938- , Actor
Schildkraut, Joseph, 1895-1964 , Actor
Winters, Shelley. , Actor
Beymer, Richard, 1939- , Actor
Huber, Gusti, 1914-1993. , Actor
Jacobi, Lou. , Actor
Baker, Diane, 1938- , Actor
Wynn, Ed, 1886-1966 , Actor
Newman, Alfred, 1901-1970 , Composer
Goodrich, Frances. , Adapter, Screenwriter, Author
Frank, Anne, 1929-1945. , Author
Twentieth Century-Fox Film Corporation. , Producer
Twentieth Century Fox Home Entertainment, Inc. , Distributor
- Publisher Number:
- 024543581086 80
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|