Virginia and state rights, 1750-1861 : the genesis and promotion of a doctrine / Charles Pinnegar.
- Jefferson, N.C. : McFarland & Co., 2009.
v, 278 p. ; 26 cm.
- Virginia -- Politics and government -- 1775-1865.
States' rights (American politics) -- History -- 19th century.
States' rights (American politics) -- History -- 18th century.
- "Part One looks at contributing factors motivating Virginia's ideological attitudes toward state rights. Part Two examines the methodologies employed by concerned Virginians to maintain the currency of state rights in the face of nationalist threats to a southern interpretation of liberty by examining publicly available documents and essays"--Provided by publisher.
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- 9780786443949 (softcover : alk. paper)
0786443944 (softcover : alk. paper)
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|