Digital scriptorium [electronic resource].
- Other Title:
- Also known as: DS
- [Berkeley, Calif.] : Bancroft Library, University of California, Berkeley ; [New York, N.Y.] : Rare Book and Manuscript Library of Columbia University, 1997-
- Manuscripts, Medieval -- Databases.
Manuscripts, Renaissance -- Databases.
Illumination of books and manuscripts, Medieval -- Databases.
Illumination of books and manuscripts, Renaissance -- Databases.
- Electronic reference sources.
- System Details:
- Mode of access: World Wide Web.
- The Digital Scriptorium is an image database of medieval and renaissance manuscripts that unites scattered resources from many institutions into an international tool for teaching and scholarly research. As a visual catalog, DS allows scholars to verify with their own eyes cataloging information about places and dates of origin, scripts, artists, and quality. Special emphasis is placed on the touchstone materials: manuscripts signed and dated by their scribes. DS records manuscripts that traditionally would have been unlikely candidates for reproduction.
- Description based on content as of: Jan. 14, 2007; title from home page.
"Hosted by Columbia University Libraries. A project of the Libraries Digital Program Division."
- Bancroft Library.
Columbia University. Rare Book and Manuscript Library.
Columbia University. Libraries. Digital Program Division.
- Access Restriction:
- Restricted for use by site license.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|