The British architect [microform] : or, The builder's treasury of staircases / by Abraham Swan, architect.
- Boston : Printed by J.W. Folsom for J. Norman, 1794.
- Fowler collection of early architectural books ; reel 57, no. 341.
12 p. : LX engr. plates ; 44 cm.
- Architecture -- Early works to 1800.
Stair building -- Early works to 1800.
Staircases -- Early works to 1800.
- Subtitle: Containing, I. An easier, more intelligible, and expeditious method of drawing the five orders, than has hitherto been published ... II. Likewise stair cases ... III. Designs of arches, doors and windows. IV. A great variety of new and curious chimney-pieces ... V. Corbels, shields, and other beautiful decorations. VI. Several useful and necessary rules of carpentry ; the whole being illustrated with upwards of one hundred designs and examples, curiously engraved on sixty folio copperplates.
Second American edition of the work first issued in England in 1745.
Plates engraved by John Norman.
Microfilm. New Haven, Conn. : Research Publications, . on 1 microfilm reel with other items ; 35 mm. (Fowler collection of early architectural books ; reel 57, no. 341). s1979 ctun a
- Norman, John, 1748?-1817, engr.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|