1812 overture, op. 49 [sound recording] / Tchaikovsky ; transcribed by Igor Buketoff. Three Russian folk songs, op. 41 for chorus and orchestra ; Spring, cantata, op. 20 / Rachmaninoff.
- Standardized Title:
- 1812 anneé; arranged
- Other Title:
- Three Russian folk songs.
Russian folk songs.
- New York : RCA Red Seal, c1968.
1 sound disc : 33 1/3 rpm, stereo. ; 12 in.
- Choruses, Secular (Mixed voices, 3 parts) with orchestra.
- New Philharmonia Orchestra ; Cathedral Choir of St. Ambrose ; Igor Buketoff, conductor, with the Children's Choir of St. Ambrose and the Central Band of the Royal Air Force (1st work), John Shaw, bass-baritone (3rd work).
- The 1st work "with choruses adding the original famous Russian songs and chants which Tchaikovsky used as themes for this work."--Container.
Sung in Russian.
Durations: 16:23 ; 14 min. ; 16-40.
Program notes and English translations of the texts by Igor Buketoff on container.
Notes for duration of pieces written on record label by Eugene Ormandy.
- Buketoff, Igor. , Conductor, Arranger
Shaw, John, 1921- , Performer
New Philharmonia Orchestra. , Performer
Cathedral Choir of St. Ambrose. , Performer
Central Band of the Royal Air Force (Great Britain) , Performer
- Rachmaninoff, Sergei, 1873-1943. Chansons russes.
Rachmaninoff, Sergei, 1873-1943. Vesna.
- Contained In:
- Eugene Ormandy Commercial Sound Recordings. Item 632
- Publisher Number:
- LSC-3051 RCA Red Seal
- Access Restriction:
- Off-site storage: 24-hour retrieval.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|