The mayor of hell [videorecording] / Warner Bros. Pictures & the Vitaphone Corp. present ; screenplay by Edward Chodorov ; based on a story by Islin Auster ; directed by Archie Mayo.
- Standard version.
- [United States] : Turner Entertainment Co. ; Burbank, CA : distributed by Warner Home Video, c2008.
- Gangsters collection. Vol. 3.
Gangsters collection. Vol. 3
1 videodisc (90 min.) : sd., b&w ; 4 3/4 in.
- Juvenile delinquents -- Rehabilitation -- Drama.
Gangsters -- Drama.
Gangs -- Drama.
Reformatories -- Drama.
Boys -- Drama.
- Juvenile delinquency films.
Video recordings for the hearing impaired.
- In English; optional subtitles in English or French.
Open-captioned for the hearing impaired (SDH).
- System Details:
- DVD, NTSC, Region 1; Dolby Digital mono.
- Politicos award gangster Patsy Gargan a cushy job as a honcho at a woefully run boys reform school-- no experience necessary, no expectations, no problems. But firebrand Patsy runs up against plenty of problems. He sees something in the kids-- himself. He, too, was raised in the slums. And he decides to defy everyone to give the kids opportunities he never had. Yet all the good Patsy does could collapse when he missteps into his life of crime.
- James Cagney, Madge Evans, Arthur Byron, Allen Jenkins, Dudley Digges, Frankie Darro.
- Photographer, Barney McGill; editor, Jack Killifer; music, Leo F. Forbstein.
- Videodisc release of the motion picture produced in 1933.
Special features: commentary by film historian Greg Mank; Warner night at the movies 1933; Short subjects gallery: vintage newsreel, musical short "The audition," classic cartoon "The organ grinder," trailers of "The mayor of Hell" and 1933's "The kennel murder case"; Bonus trailers of the storyline-linked "Crime school" and "Hell's kitchen."
"Presented in a format preserving the aspect ratio of its original theatrical exhibition."--Container.
- Mayo, Archie L., 1891-1968. , Director
Auster, Islin. , Screenwriter
Chodorov, Edward, 1904-1988 , Screenwriter
Cagney, James, 1899-1986. , Actor
Evans, Madge, 1909-1981. , Actor
Byron, Arthur, 1872-1943. , Actor
Jenkins, Allen, 1900-1974. , Actor
Digges, Dudley, 1879-1947. , Actor
Darro, Frankie, 1918-1976. , Actor
McGill, Barney, d. 1942. , Actor
Forbstein, Leo F.. , Conductor
Warner Bros. Pictures (1923-1967). , Producer
Vitaphone Corp. , Producer
Turner Entertainment Co.. , Distributor
Warner Home Video (Firm). , Distributor
- Publisher Number:
1000035745 Warner Home Video
3000014983 (set) Warner Home Video
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|