Uguccioni family papers, 1520-1534.
31 items (37 leaves)
- Acciaiuoli, Roberto.
Merchants -- Italy.
Accounting -- Italy -- 16th century.
Textile industry -- Italy -- Early works to 1800.
Farm management -- Italy.
- Manuscripts, Italian -- 16th century
Manuscripts, Spanish -- 16th century
- Italian, with one letter in Spanish.
- Collection of letters written by various members of the Uguccioni family (in particular Carlo), covering the years 1520-1534 . Folders 1-4 contain correspondence to Carlo (also referred to as Charlo) Uguccioni, arranged chronologically, sent by various individuals, probably business counterparts like Stagio Barducci and, in certain cases, family members, such as Pierfilippo and Pierfrancesco Uguccioni. Most letters are rather informal and business topics (including production and sale of oil and other farm produce, as well as bills of exchange) are touched on briefly, often combined with comments on family matters. Names such as Roberto Acciaiuoli and Guglielmo Gondi, probably also business counterparts, appear occasionally, although their exact relationship to the Uguccioni family is not very clear. In certain cases, short accounts are incorporated in the letters. It is likely that Carlo Uguccioni was involved in a wide range of activities, from farm management to financial speculations. Folder 5 contains 2 short autograph letters of Carlo Uguccioni, concerning business matters (perhaps a sale of textile products). Folder 6 contains 2 autograph letters, the first from Pierfilippo Uguccioni to Benedetto del Monte, which includes accounts for the salaries(?) of employees of an unspecified business, and mentions of an outstanding debt with the commune (Florence?); the second, written in Spanish, is from Bernado Uguccioni to Benedetto Uguccioni, also covering business matters and pending payments.
- Written on various sizes of paper, some with seals and remainders of seals.
- Penn Provenance:
- Sold by Bernard M. Rosenthal, 1963.
- Cited in:
- Separated from collection described in Zacour, Norman P. and Hirsch, Rudolf. Catalogue of Manuscripts in the Libraries of the University of Pennsylvania to 1800: Supplement A (4), Library Chronicle 37 (1971), no. 1, p. 21 (Ms. Lea 550).
- Uguccioni, Pierfilippo.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|