The scarecrow or, The glass of truth; a tragedy of the ludicrous, by Percy MacKaye.
- Other records:
- Other Title:
Glass of truth
- New York, The Macmillan Company, 1908. (Norwood, Mass., U.S.A. : Norwood Press J. S. Cushing Co. - Berwick & Smith Co.)
xv, , 179,  p. 20 cm.
- Massachusetts -- 17th century -- Drama.
Scarecrows -- Drama.
- Place of Publication:
- United States New York (State) New York.
United States Massachusetts Norwood.
- With half-title
"Set up and electrotyped. Published February, 1908."
"But for a fantasy of Nathaniel Hawthorne, this play, of course, would never have been written ... Yet it would not be true, either to Hawthorne's work or my own, to classify 'The Scarecrow' as a dramatization of 'Feathertop.' ... My aim has been quite otherwide. Starting with the same basic theme, I have sought to elaborate it, by my own treatment, to a different and more inclusive issue ..."--Preface.
Publisher's advertisements:  p. at end.
Olive-green cloth boards lettered in gilt on front cover and spine. Pictorial front cover in black, green and gilt. Top edge gilt stained.
- Penn Provenance:
- Speiser, Maurice J. (Maurice Joseph), b. 1880 (donor) (Culture Class Collection copy)
Speiser, Mrs. (donor) (Culture Class Collection copy)
- Penn Chronology:
- Culture Class Collection (University of Pennsylvania)
American Culture Class Collection (University of Pennsylvania)
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|