The maiden & married life of Mary Powell (afterwards Mistress Milton) : and the sequel thereto, Deborah's diary / with an introduction by W.H. Hutton ; and twenty-six illustrations by John Jellicoe and Herbert Railton.
- Other records:
- Other Title:
- Maiden and married life of Mary Powell (afterwards Mistress Milton)
Mary Powell and its sequel Deborah's diary.
- London : J.C. Nimmo ; New York : Charles Scribner's Sons, 1898.
xxxiv, 358,  p.,  leaves of plates : ill. ; 20 cm.
- Milton, Mary Powell, d. 1652 -- Fiction.
Milton, John, 1608-1674 -- Fiction.
- Advertisements -- England -- London -- 19th century.
- Place of Publication:
- England London.
- Written by Anne Manning. Cf. Halkett & Laing.
Publisher's advertisements: P. [359-360].
- Local notes:
- Milton Collection copies 1 & 2 presented to the Penn Libraries by Joseph A. Wittreich in honor of Stuart A. Curran.
Penn Libraries copy 1 has stamp ("Bertrand Smith, Acres of Books ... Long Beach, Calif.") on verso of front free endpaper; ms. inscription ("AJ Marsh, Marsholgate, Sale") in pencil on leaf facing front free endpaper; a few ms. marginal marks in pencil in text.
Penn Libraries copy 2 has contemporary full calf presentation binding of the Edinburgh Angus Club; 5 raised bands on spine; gold-tooled spine panels; brown leather spine label with "Life of Mary Powell" stamped in gold; gold-tooled cover-edges; marbled endpapers and edges.
Penn Libraries copy 2 has presentation bookplate from The Edinburgh Angus Club, inscribed to Agnes Irvine (1900), on front pastedown.
Penn Libraries copy 2: upper board detached.
- Penn Provenance:
- Curran, Stuart A. (honoree)
Wittreich, Joseph Anthony (donor)
Smith, Bertrand (stamp) (copy 1)
Marsh, A. J. (inscription) (copy 1)
Edinburgh Angus Club (bookplate) (copy 2)
Irvine, Agnes (inscription) (copy 2)
- Penn Chronology:
- Cited in:
- Halkett & Laing (2nd ed.), IV, p. 7
Wickenheiser, R.J. Collection of John Milton, p. 720 (no. 70)
- Stuart Curran-Joseph Wittreich Milton Collection (University of Pennsylvania)
- Deborah's diary.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|