Manly love : romantic friendship in American fiction / Axel Nissen.
- Chicago : University of Chicago Press, 2009.
x, 229 p. ; 24 cm.
- American fiction -- 19th century -- History and criticism.
Male friendship in literature.
- What's the story?: the fiction of romantic friendship, part I
Odds 'n' ends: the fiction of romantic friendship, part II
Sex and the city: Cecil Dreeme and the antebellum sex/gender system
Compulsory domesticity: Roderick Hudson, love, and friendship in the Gilded Age
How the other half loved: A saloonkeeper's daughter in the company of women
A tramp at home: Huckleberry Finn, romantic friendship, and the homeless man
The other man: homofiliation, marriage, and A hazard of new fortunes.
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- 9780226586663 (hardcover : alk. paper)
0226586669 (hardcover : alk. paper)
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|