Apocalypse now, the complete dossier [videorecording].
- Other Title:
- Apocalypse now
- Special collector's ed.
- Hollywood, Calif. : Paramount Home Entertainment, 
2 videodiscs (ca. 355 min.) : sd., col. ; 4 3/4 in.
- Conrad, Joseph, 1857-1924 -- Film adaptations.
Vietnam War, 1961-1975 -- Drama.
- Feature films.
Feature films -- United States.
Action and adventure films.
Video recordings for the hearing impaired.
- English dialogue with optional subtitles in English or Spanish ; closed-captioned.
- System Details:
- DVD, widescreen presentation; Dolby Digital English 5.1 surround.
- A United States Army officer/trained assassin is sent into the depths of a southeast Asian jungle to seek out a renegade colonel and terminate his command during the Vietnam War.
- [Disc 1] Apocalypse now (act one); Apocalypse now redux (act one); special features
[Disc 2] Apocalypse now (act two); Apocalypse now redux (act two); special features.
- Marlon Brando, Robert Duvall, Martin Sheen, Frederic Forrest, Albert Hall, Sam Bottoms, Larry Fishburne, Dennis Hopper.
- Apocalypse now / directed and produced by Francis Coppola ; written by John Milius and Francis Coppola ; narration [written] by Michael Herr ; an Omni Zoetrope release ; director of photography, Vittorio Storaro ; production design, Dean Tavoularis ; editor, Richard Marks ; music, Carmine Coppola, Francis Coppola.
Apocalypse now redux / directed and produced by Francis Ford Coppola ; written by John Milius and Francis Ford Coppola ; narration [written] by Michael Herr ; a Miramax Films release ; director of photography, Vittorio Storaro ; production design, Dean Tavoularis ; supervising editor, Richard Marks ; music, Carmine Coppola and Francis Ford Coppola ; produced by Francis Ford Coppola and Kim Aubry ; editor, Walter Murch ; Zoetrope Corporation.
- Collective title from menu screen.
Inspired by the story: Heart of Darkness / by Joseph Conrad.
Originally released as motion pictures in 1979 and 2001.
Running times: Apocalypse now, 153 min.; Apocalypse now redux, 202 min.
First half of both films is on disc 1; the 2nd halves appear on disc 2.
Special features: disc 1: Watch films with Francis Ford Coppola, The Hollow men (16:55), Monkey sampan (3:00), additional scenes, A/V Club; disc 2: The post production of Apocalypse Now, PBR streetgang (4:10), Apocalypse then and now (3:40), The color palette of Apocalypse Now (4:05), DVD credits.
Academy Award, 1980: Best cinematography; Best sound. Cannes Film Festival, 1979: FIPRESCI Award (Coppola); Golden Palm (Coppola). Golden Globe, 1980: Best director (Coppola); Best motion picture actor in a supporting role (Duvall); Best original score, motion picture.
- Coppola, Francis Ford, 1939- , Director, Producer, Screenwriter
Aubry, Kim. , Producer
Milius, John. , Screenwriter
Herr, Michael, 1940- , Screenwriter
Brando, Marlon. , Actor
Duvall, Robert. , Actor
Sheen, Martin. , Actor
Forrest, Frederic. , Actor
Hall, Albert. , Actor
Bottoms, Sam, 1955-2008. , Actor
Fishburne, Larry. , Actor
Hopper, Dennis, 1936- , Actor
Coppola, Carmine, 1910-1991 , Composer
Conrad, Joseph, 1857-1924.
Zoetrope Studios. , Producer
Paramount Home Entertainment (Firm) , Distributor
- Apocalypse now redux.
- Publisher Number:
07068 Paramount Home Entertainment
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|