Artificial intelligence [videorecording] : A.I. / DreamWorks Pictures and Warner Bros. Pictures present ; an Amblin/Stanley Kubrick production ; a film by Steven Spielberg ; screenplay by Steven Spielberg ; based on a screen story by Ian Watson ; directed by Steven Spielberg ; produced by Kathleen Kennedy, Steven Spielberg, Bonnie Curtis.
- Other Title:
- A.I. [videorecording]
- Two-disc special ed. ; widescreen.
- Universal City, CA : distributed by DreamWorks Home Entertainment, c2002.
2 videodiscs (145 min.) : sd., col. ; 4 3/4 in.
- Aldiss, Brian W. (Brian Wilson), 1925-2017 -- Film adaptations.
Androids -- Drama.
Artificial intelligence -- Drama.
Dreams -- Drama.
- Science fiction films.
Video recordings for the hearing impaired.
- In English or dubbed French; optional subtitles in English, French or Spanish.
Closed-captioned for the hearing impaired.
- System Details:
- DVD; Region 1, NTSC; 5.1 Dolby Digital surround, 5.1 DTS Digital surround, 2.0 Dolby stereo surround.
- It is the middle of the 21st century. Extremely sophisticated robots do everything from nannying to prostitution, supplying the illusion of feeling, but true emotion has eluded the android builders. Until Professor Hobby builds David, a robot boy who can really love. In the same manner that some people substitute pets for more demanding human relationships, the Swinton's try to fill the void left by the illness (and subsequent cryogenic animation) of their young son, with David. Unlike a pet, however, David requires more than taking without giving, and his plight illustrates the dangers inherent when dog-substitutes demand giving in return.
- Disc 1. Feature
disc 2. Special features.
- Haley Joel Osment, Jude Law, Frances O'Connor, Brendan Gleeson, Sam Robards, William Hurt.
- Director of photography, Janusz Kaminski; editor, Michael Kahn; music, John Williams; robot character design and animatronics by Stan Winston.
- Based on the title story in the short story collection Supertoys last all summer long / by Brian Aldiss.
Videodisc release of the motion picture produced in 2001.
Aspect ratio 1.85:1.
Winner, 2001 Future Film Festival Digital Award--Steven Spielberg, Venice Film Festival; 2002 Saturn Awards for Best Science Fiction Film, Best Writing-Steven Spielberg, Best Performance by a Younger Actor-Haley Joel Osment, Best Music-John Williams, and Best Special Effects-Dennis Muren, Scott Farrar, Stan Winston, Michael Lantieri, Academy of Science Fiction, Fantasy & Horror Films, USA.
- Spielberg, Steven, 1946- , Adapter, Screenwriter, Director, Producer
Watson, Ian, 1943- , Adapter, Screenwriter
Kubrick, Stanley. , Producer
Kennedy, Kathleen, 1954- , Producer
Curtis, Bonnie. , Producer
Osment, Haley Joel, 1988- , Actor
Law, Jude, 1972- , Actor
O'Connor, Frances, 1970- , Actor
Gleeson, Brendan. , Actor
Robards, Sam. , Actor
Hurt, William. , Actor
Williams, John, 1932- , Composer
Winston, Stan, 1946-2008. , Animator
Aldiss, Brian Wilson, 1925- , Author
Dreamworks Pictures. , Producer
Warner Bros. Pictures (1969- ). , Producer
Amblin Entertainment (Firm) , Producer
DreamWorks Home Entertainment (Firm) , Distributor
- Publisher Number:
89567 DreamWorks Home Entertainment
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|