Adventures of perception : cinema as exploration : essays/interviews / Scott MacDonald.
- Berkeley : University of California Press, c2009.
vii, 427 p. : ill. ; 23 cm.
- Motion pictures.
Independent filmmakers -- Interviews.
- Desegregating film history: avant-garde film and race at the Robert Flaherty Seminar, and beyond
Interview with Gina Kim
Poetry and film: avant-garde cinema as publication
Interview with Clive Holden
Up close and political: three short ruminations on nature film
Interview with Claude Nuridsany and Marie Pérennou
The attractions of nature in early cinema
Interview with Peter Hutton
Putting all your eggs in one basket: the single-shot film
Interview with James Benning
The Mohawk Valley journey to The journey
Interview with David Gatten
Confessions of a feminist porn watcher (then and now)
Interview with George Kuchar (on the Weather diaries)
Film history and "film history"
Interview with Karen Cooper.
- Earlier versions of several of the essays and interviews, or portions of them, have been previously published.
Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Local notes:
- Acquired for the Penn Libraries with assistance from the Jacobs Family Cinema Studies Fund.
- Jacobs Family Cinema Studies Fund.
- 9780520258549 (cloth : alk. paper)
0520258541 (cloth : alk. paper)
9780520258563 (pbk. : alk. paper)
0520258568 (pbk. : alk. paper)
- Publisher Number:
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|