The desert is no lady [videorecording] : women artists and writers of the Southwest / a Feline Films Production in association with the Arts Council of England for the University of Arizona, Southwest Institute for Research on Women ; written and concieved by Susan Palmer ; produced and directed by Shelley Williams.
- New York, NY : Women Make Movies, 1995.
1 videodisc (45 min.) : sd., col. ; 4 3/4 in.
- Desert is no lady -- Film adaptations.
Southwest, New -- In art.
Arts, American -- Southwest, New.
Arts, Modern -- 20th century.
Women artists -- Southwest, New.
- Documentary films.
- In English.
- System Details:
- DVD, NTSC, Region 1.
- Women artists and writers discuss the influences of southwestern culture, geography and demographics on their work, particularly focussing on the Hispanic, Native American and Anglo cultures.
- Interviewees: Pat Mora, Sandra Cisneros, Luci Tapahonso ... [et al].
- Camera, Simon Archer; editor, Wayne Balmer.
- Videodisc release of the documentary motion picture produced in 1995.
"Based in part on the work The desert is no lady : Southwestern landscapes in women's writing and art / [edited by Vera Norwood and Janice Monk] (Yale University Press, 1987)."--Closing frames.
- Local notes:
- Acquired for the Penn Libraries with assistance from the Class of 1932 Fund.
- Palmer, Susan. , Adapter, Screenwriter
Williams, Shelley. , Director, Producer
Mora, Pat. , Interviewee
Cisneros, Sandra. , Interviewee
Tapahonso, Luci, 1953- , Interviewee
Feline Films (Firm) , Producer
Arts Council of England. , Producer
Southwest Institute for Research on Women (U.S.) , Producer
Women Make Movies (Firm). , Distributor
Class of 1932 Fund.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|