Papers of Margaret Bayard Smith, 1789-1874 [microform].
- Standardized Title:
- Washington, DC : Library of Congress, Photoduplication Service, 1984.
8 microfilm reels : pos. ; 35 mm.
- Boyd, Maria Bayard, 1779-1869.
Kirkpatrick, Jane Bayard, 1772-1851.
Middleton, Mary Hering
Pichon, A. Emilie
Quincy, Eliza Susan Morton, 1773-1850
Smith, Samuel Harrison, 1772-1845.
Elections -- United States.
Monticello (Va.) -- History.
Washington (D.C.) -- History -- War of 1812.
Washington (D.C.) -- Social life and customs.
- Social leader, author, and prominent Washingtonian. Mrs. Samuel Harrison Smith.
- Approximately 3,600 items, chiefly from the years 1796 to 1840, which comprise the correspondence, diaries, journals, and commonplace books. Chiefly correspondence between Smith and her sisters Jane Bayard Kirkpatrick and Maria Bayard Boyd, and her husband, journalist and banker, Samuel Harrison Smith (1772-1845). Other correspondents include Mary Hering Middleton, Madame A. Emilie Pichon, and Eliza S. Quincy. Topics covered include Washington, D.C., social life, Presidential elections, the British occupation of Washington, and visits to Monticello.
- Reproduction of originals held in Manuscript Division, Library of Congress.
- Local notes:
- Acquired for the Penn Libraries with assistance from the Rosengarten Family Fund.
- Finding Aid/Index:
- Finding aid available in the Library of Congress Manuscript Reading Room.
- Library of Congress Manuscript Division Washington, D.C.
Rosengarten Family Fund.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|