Preclassic Maya [electronic resource] : NY52.
- New Haven, Conn. : Human Relations Area Files, 2001-
- eHRAF archaeology. Middle America and the Caribbean
eHRAF archaeology. Middle America and the Caribbean
Indians of Central America -- Belize -- Antiquities.
Belize -- Antiquities.
Mexico -- Antiquities.
Cerros Site (Belize)
Cuello Site (Belize)
- System Details:
- Mode of access: World Wide Web.
- There are 62 documents in this collection that cover the time period from 3800-1859 B.P. Notably, the collection contains 13 reports about Cerros and 14 reports about Cuello, sites in northern Preclassic Belize; and seven excavation reports of El Mirador. Selections from The formation of complex society in southeastern Mesoamerica (Fowler); Archaeology at Cerros, Belize, Central America (Robertson and Freidel); and Cuello, an early Maya community in Belize (Hammond) are contained within this collection.
- Rise of the northern Maya chiefdoms / Joseph W. Ball
Excavations in the Monos complex, El Mirador, Peten, Guatemala / Denise Ranae Evans Copeland
Artifacts / James F. Garber
Preclassic Maya architecture at Cuello, Belize / Juliette Cartwright Gerhardt
Community of Cuello / Juliette Cartwright Gerhardt and Norman Hammond
Ex oriente lux / Norman Hammond
Stratigraphy and chronology in the reconstruction of Preclassic developments at Cuello / Norman Hammond, Juliette Cartwright Gerhardt and Sara Donaghey
Excavations in the Tigre Complex, El Mirador, Peten, Guatemala / Richard D. Hansen
Excavations in the Danta complex at El Mirador, Peten, Guatemala / Wayne K. Howell
Preclassic Maya pottery at Cuello, Belize / Laura J. Kosakowsky
Style and social complexity in formative Mesoamerica / Michael W. Love
Mixe-Zoque as competing neighbors of the early lowland Maya / Gareth W. Lowe
Craft technology and production / Rebecca McSwain
Climatic settings and prehistoric social complexity / Lewis C. Messenger, Jr.
Ecology and economy of Cuello / Charles H. Miksicek, Elizabeth S. Wing and Sylvia J. Scudder
Tradition summary: Preclassic Maya / Peter N. Peregrine and Ian Skoggard
Early art styles of Mesoamerica and early classic Maya art / Jacinto Quirarte
Preclassic Maya burials at Cuello, Belize / Cynthia Robin
Ritual and ideology / Cynthia Robin and Norman Hammond, Juliette Cartwright Gerhardt
Preclassic population of Cuello / Frank P. Saul and Julie Mather Saul
Settlement system in a late preclassic Maya community / Vernon L. Scarborough
Warfare and the evolution of Maya civilization / David L. Webster
Rise of Classic Maya civilization ; Rise of Maya civilization / Gordon R. Willey
Late Preclassic Sula Plain, Honduras / Anthony Wonderley.
- Title from Web page (viewed Feb. 25, 2008).
This portion of eHRAF archaeology was first released in 2001.
Includes bibliographical references.
- Ball, Joseph W.
Copeland, Denise Ranae Evans.
Gerhardt, Juliette Cartwright.
Hansen, Richard D.
Howell, Wayne K.
Kosakowsky, Laura J.
Lowe, Gareth W.
McSwain, Rebecca Anne, 1946-
Messenger, Lewis Clement.
Quirarte, Jacinto, 1931-
Saul, Frank P.
Scarborough, Vernon L., 1950-
Webster, David L., 1943-
Willey, Gordon R. (Gordon Randolph), 1913-2002.
Wonderley, Anthony Wayne, 1949-
Fowler, William R. (William Roy), 1950-
Robertson, Robin A.
Human Relations Area Files, inc.
- Formation of complex society in southeastern Mesoamerica. Selections.
Archaeology at Cerros, Belize, Central America. vol. 1, Interim report. Selections.
Cuello, an early Maya community in Belize. Selections.
- Access Restriction:
- Restricted for use by site license.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|