District 9 [videorecording] / Peter Jackson presents in association with TriStar Pictures and Block/Hanson, a Wingnut Films production, a film by Neill Blomkamp ; produced by Peter Jackson, Carolynne Cunningham ; written by Neill Blomkamp and Terri Tatchell ; directed by Neill Blomkamp.
- Other Title:
- District nine [videorecording]
- Anamorphic widescreen; 2-disc ed.
- Culver City, CA : Sony Pictures Home Entertainment, c2009.
2 videodiscs (112 min.) : sd., col. ; 4 3/4 in.
- Human-alien encounters -- Drama.
Relocation (Housing) -- South Africa -- Drama.
Virus-vector relationships -- Drama.
Refugees -- Government policy -- South Africa -- Drama.
DNA damage -- Drama.
South Africa -- Drama.
- Science fiction films.
Action and adventure films.
Thrillers (Motion pictures)
Video recordings for the hearing impaired.
- In English or dubbed French, with optional subtitles in English or French.
- System Details:
- DVD ; NTSC ; Dolby digital 5.1 surround.
- Twenty years ago, aliens from another planet made contact with Earth. Now, the refugee camp they are forced to live in has deteriorated into a slum-like ghetto. When field operative Wikus van der Merwe is put in charge of evicting the aliens, he contracts a strange virus that changes his DNA to match that of the refugees. As his body begins to mutate, he becomes a hunted man, and the aliens' only hope for freedom.
- Sharlto Copley, Jason Cope, Nathalie Boltt, Sylvaine Strike, John Sumner, William Allen Young, Nick Blake.
- Director of photography, Trent Opaloch ; editor, Julian Clarke ; music, Clinton Shorter.
- DVD release of the 2009 motion picture.
Special features: disc 1. Deleted scenes ; directors commentary ; "The alien agenda: a filmmaker's log" three-part documentary -- disc 2. Metamorphosis: The transformation of Wikus ; Innovation: Acting and improvisation ; Conception and design: Creating the world of District 9 ; Alien generation: Visual effects.
- Blomkamp, Neill, 1979- , Director, Screenwriter
Jackson, Peter, 1961- , Producer
Cunningham, Carolynne. , Producer
Tatchell, Terri. , Screenwriter
Copley, Sharlto, 1973- , Actor
Cope, Jason. , Actor
Boltt, Nathalie. , Actor
Strike, Sylvaine. , Actor
Sumner, John, 1951- , Actor
Young, William Allen, 1953- , Actor
Blake, Nick. , Actor
Opaloch, Trent. , Cinematographer
Clarke, Julian. , Editor
Shorter, Clinton. , Composer
Tri-Star Pictures. , Producer
Block/Hanson (Firm) , Producer
WingNut Films (Firm) , Producer
Sony Pictures Home Entertainment (Firm) , Distributor
- Publisher Number:
33234 Sony Pictures Home Entertainment
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|