Fire on the mountain [videorecording] : the story of the men of the 10th Mt. Division / a film by Beth Gage and George Gage ; produced and directed by Beth Gage & George Gage ; written by Beth Gage.
- Other Title:
- On container: Story of the 10th Mountain Division [videorecording]
- New York, NY : First Run Features, 2003.
1 videodisc (72 min.) : sd., b&w with col. seq. ; 4 3/4 in.
- United States. Army. Mountain Division, 10th.
World War, 1939-1945 -- Campaigns -- Italy.
Skis and skiing -- History.
- Documentary films.
- In English.
- System Details:
- DVD, NTSC, Region 1.
- "The goal was clear: defeat the Nazis who were entrenched high in the snowy mountains of Italy. Drawing together an elite group of champion skiers, mountain climbers and European mountaineers, the U.S. Army created the 10th Mountain Division, America's only mountain and winter warfare fighting unit. From the intensive training atop the Colorado Rockies to the spectacular night climb of Italy's Riva Ridge -- where the 10th scored their biggest victory against Hitler's troops -- Fire on the Mountain tells the thrilling story of these rugged, courageous men in all their glory."--Container.
- Narration by Steve Kanaly.
- Cinematography, Kenneth Lehn; editors, Scott Conrad, Krysia Carter-Giez; music, Todd Barton.
- Videodisc release of the documentary motion picture produced in 1995.
Special features: 10th Mountain Division in the 21st century (short film); interview with the directors; photo gallery.
- Local notes:
- Presented to the Penn Libraries by Seymour Wishman and First Run Features.
- Penn Provenance:
- Wishman, Seymour (donor)
- Gage, Beth. , Screenwriter, Director, Producer
Gage, George. , Director, Producer
Kanaly, Steve. , Narrator
Barton, Todd. , Composer
Seymour Wishman First Run Features Collection (University of Pennsylvania)
First-Run Features (Firm) , Distributor
- Publisher Number:
FRF 910590D First Run Features
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|