Paradise lost / by John Milton ; with explanatory notes by Henry Stebbing.
- Other records:
- New York : D. Appleton & Co. ; Philadelphia : Geo. S. Appleton, 1845.
-296 p.,  leaf of plates : ill. ; 15 cm.
- Place of Publication:
- United States New York (State) New York.
- "[U]nsigned engraved frontispiece illustration for Book II ('Caught in a firey tempest ... Each on his rock....'), protective tissue guard"--Wickenheiser.
- Local notes:
- Milton Collection copy presented to the Penn Libraries by Joseph A. Wittreich in honor of Stuart A. Curran.
Penn Libraries copy imperfect?: frontispiece described by Wickenheiser wanting; bound in its place is an unsigned engraved plate with caption: The Morning Dream.
Penn Libraries copy has autograph of Lyla Grey in pencil on reverse of frontispiece; clipping with portrait of John Milton, aged 10, pasted to reverse of frontispiece; some ms. annotations, underlines and marks in pencil in text.
- Penn Provenance:
- Curran, Stuart A. (honoree)
Wittreich, Joseph Anthony (donor)
Grey, Lyla (autograph)
- Penn Chronology:
- Cited in:
- Wickenheiser, R.J. Collection of John Milton, p. 262 (no. 958)
- Stebbing, Henry, 1799-1883.
Stuart Curran-Joseph Wittreich Milton Collection (University of Pennsylvania)
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|