Astonishing X-Men. Vol. 1, Gifted / writer, Joss Whedon ; artist, John Cassaday ; colorist, Laura Martin ; letterer, Chris Eliopoulos ; cover art, John Cassady.
- Other Title:
- New York : Marvel Comics, c2004.
1 volume (unpaged) : chiefly color illustrations ; 27 cm
- X-Men (Fictitious characters) -- Comic books, strips, etc.
Mutation (Biology) -- Comic books, strips, etc. -- Fiction.
Heroes -- Comic books, strips, etc. -- Fiction.
Science fiction comic books, strips, etc.
- Place of Publication:
- United States New York (State) New York.
- Dream-team creators Joss Whedon (TV's Buffy the Vampire Slayer) and John Cassaday (Planetary, Captain America) present the explosive, all-new flagship X-Men series, marking a return to classic greatness and the beginning of a brand-new era for the X-Men! Cyclops and Emma Frost re-form the X-Men with the express purpose of "astonishing" the world. But when breaking news regarding the mutant gene unexpectedly hits the airwaves, will it derail their new plans before they even get started? As demand for the "mutant cure" reaches near-riot levels, the X-Men go head-to-head with the enigmatic Ord, with an unexpected ally, and some unexpected adversaries, tipping the scales!
- Contains material originally published in magazine form as Astonishing X-Men #'s 1-6.
- Local notes:
- Penn Libraries Rare Toccafondi copy is sixth printing 2014.
- Penn Provenance:
- Rothman, Steven D. (donor)
Toccafondi, David, C'95 (donor) (Toccafondi copy)
- Penn Chronology:
- Cassaday, John.
Steven Rothman Collection of Comics, Cartoons, and Graphic Novels (University of Pennsylvania)
David Toccafondi, Dan Sung and Joshua O'Neill Collection of Comics and Graphic Novels (University of Pennsylvania)
Comics Collection (University of Pennsylvania)
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|