Curious George [videorecording] / a Universal Pictures and Imagine Entertainment presentation ; a David Kirschner/Jon Shapiro production ; produced by Ron Howard, David Kirschner, Jon Shapiro ; story by Ken Kaufman and Mike Werb ; screenplay by Ken Kaufman ; directed by Matthew O'Callaghan.
- Anamorphic widescreen.
- Universal City, CA : Universal Pictures : Distributed by Universal Studios Home Entertainment, c2006.
1 videodisc (88 min.) : sd., col. ; 4 3/4 in.
- Rey, Margret -- Film adaptations.
Rey, H. A. (Hans Augusto), 1898-1977 -- Film adaptations.
Curious George (Fictitious character) -- Drama.
Monkeys -- Drama.
Curiosity -- Drama.
Friendship -- Drama.
Adventure and adventurers -- Drama.
Human-animal relationships -- Drama.
- Children's films.
Video recordings for the hearing impaired.
- In English, dubbed French or Spanish with optional subtitles in English SDH, French, or Spanish.
- System Details:
- DVD; Region 1, NTSC; Dolby Digital 5.1 Surround.
- Ted, an earnest guide at the Bloomsberry Museum, discovers that the museum is losing money and he's about to be out of a job. So he heads to Africa in search of the ancient, long-lost, gigantic idol Zagawa. To his chagrin, the statue turns out to be tiny. Ted's hopes of saving the museum and impressing Maggie--the elementary school teacher of his dreams--with a grand new acquisition are dashed. Unbeknownst to Ted, the curious monkey he befriended has stowed away and followed him home to the big city. Now, Ted needs to save the museum and figure out what to do with George. It's going to be a long week.
- "Upside down"
Struggle for survival
Talk of the town
Lost in the city
At the zoo
George is gone
Back to Africa
- Will Ferrell, Drew Barrymore, David Cross, Eugene Levy, Joan Plowwright, Dick Van Dyke.
- Editor, Julie Rogers ; score composed by Heitor Pereira, featuring performances by Jack Johnson, Adam Topol, Merlo Podlewski, and Zach Gill ; original songs by Jack Johnson ; production designer, Yarrow Cheney.
- Based on the books by Margret and H.A. Rey.
Aspect ratio 1.85:1.
Special features: Jack Johnson "Upside Down" music video with sing-along (3 min.); Deleted scenes (17 min.); "Drawn" to George [featurette] (5 min.); Monkey around with words [featurette] (5 min.); A very curious car [featurette] (5 min.); Monkey in motion [featurette] (2 min.); Games [interactive features]; Read with your child [advertisement] (1 min.); DVD-ROM features [requires a DVD-ROM drive, Windows 95 or later, and Internet access].
- Howard, Ron. , Producer
Kirschner, David. , Producer
Shapiro, Jon. , Producer
Kaufman, Ken, 1963- , Screenwriter
Werb, Mike. , Screenwriter
O'Callaghan, Matthew. , Director
Ferrell, Will, 1967- , Actor
Barrymore, Drew. , Actor
Cross, David, 1964- , Actor
Levy, Eugene, 1946- , Actor
Plowright, Joan. , Actor
Van Dyke, Dick. , Actor
Pereira, Heitor. , Composer
Rey, Margret. , Author
Rey, H. A. (Hans Augusto), 1898-1977. , Author
Universal Pictures (Firm). , Producer
Imagine Entertainment (Firm). , Producer
Universal Studios Home Entertainment (Firm) , Distributor
- Publisher Number:
26159 Universal Pictures
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|