Against the odds [videorecording] : the artists of the Harlem Renaissance / a production of NJN, the New Jersey Channel ; produced, written and directed by Amber Edwards.
- Other Title:
- Artists of the Harlem Renaissance [videorecording]
- [Arlington, VA] : PBS Home Video, c2006.
1 videodisc (60 min.) : sd., col. ; 4 3/4 in.
- African American artists.
African American art -- 20th century.
African American art -- History.
African American artists -- History.
Harmon Foundation, inc.
Harlem (New York, N.Y.) -- History.
- Documentary films.
Video recordings for the hearing impaired.
- System Details:
- Harlem in the 1920s and 1930s was the scene of a passionate outburst of creativity by African-American visual artists. Archival footage, including newsreels and photographs, recalls the influential force of the exhibitions, the vibrancy of Harlem and the many significant personalities that shaped the movement, such as William E. Harmon, W.E.B. DuBois and Alain Locke.
- Narrated by Joe Morton.
- Camera, Mike Budd.
- Edwards, Amber. , Director, Producer, Screenwriter
Morton, Joe, 1947- , Narrator
Harmon, William E. , Associated name
Du Bois, W. E. B. (William Edward Burghardt), 1868-1963 , Associated name
Locke, Alain LeRoy, 1886-1954. , Associated name
New Jersey Network (Firm) , Producer
PBS Home Video. , Distributor
- Publisher Number:
AGOA601 PBS Home Video
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|