Romare Bearden [videorecording] : visual jazz ; Faith Ringgold : the last story quilt / created and produced by Linda Freeman ; written and directed by David Irving.
- Other Title:
- Visual jazz [videorecording]
Romare Bearden : visual jazz ; Faith Ringgold : the last story quilt [videorecording]
Faith Ringgold [videorecording]
Last story quilt [videorecording]
- Chappaqua, NY : L & S Video, c2004.
1 videodisc (57 min.) : sd., col. with b&w sequences ; 4 3/4 in.
- Bearden, Romare, 1911-1988.
Ringgold, Faith -- Interviews.
African American artists -- Biography.
African American art.
- System Details:
- DVD, NTSC.
- Two short films on two African American artists: Romare Bearden and Faith Ringgold. Romare Bearden shows collage artist Bearden at work, featuring commentary by leading experts. In Faith Ringgold, painter Ringgold discusses her move from working with traditional canvas to "tankas" paintings on quilted canvas.
- Romare Bearden, Faith Ringgold, Wynton Marsalis.
- Music, Joshua Stone ; photography, Mike Harlow ; editor, Larry Blume.
- "Two award-winning documentary videos together on one DVD"--Container.
DVD release of two documentaries originally produced in 1991 and 1995.
- Local notes:
- Acquired for the Penn Libraries with assistance from the Class of 1924 Book Fund.
- Irving, David K. , Director, Screenwriter
Freeman, Linda. , Producer
Bearden, Romare, 1911-1988. , Associated name
Ringgold, Faith. , Associated name
Marsalis, Wynton, 1961- , Host
Stone, Josh. , Composer
Harlow, Mike. , Cinematographer
Blume, Larry. , Editor
L & S Video, Inc. , Distributor
Class of 1924 Book Fund.
- Faith Ringgold.
- Publisher Number:
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|