Take the lead [videorecording] / New Line Cinema presents ; a Tiara Blu Films production ; produced by Diane Nabatoff, Michelle Grace, Christopher Godsick ; written by Dianne Houston ; directed by Liz Friedlander.
- New York, NY : New Line Cinema Corp., c2006.
1 videodisc (118 min.) : sd., col. ; 4 3/4 in.
- Teachers -- Drama.
Ballroom dancing -- Drama.
Ballroom dancing -- New York (State) -- New York -- Drama.
High school students -- New York (State) -- New York -- Drama.
Volunteer workers in education -- New York (State) -- New York -- Drama.
- Feature films.
Video recordings for the hearing impaired.
- In English, with optional subtitles in English or Spanish.
Close-captioned in English.
- System Details:
- DVD, Region 1, Dolby Digital 5.1 Surround, Dolby Digital 2.0 stereo surround, widescreen presentation aspect ratio 1.85:1.
- Pierre is a ballroom-dance instructor with courtly manners whose pupils tend to be well-heeled teenagers. Partly as a dare and partly as a joke, he is offered the job of supervising a South Bronx high school detention class, where the students regard him as a visitor from the moon. They resist him, but he fascinates them, and before long, Pierre has talked them into learning a few steps. He even suggests that if they work hard enough, they might have a shot in a citywide dance competition, which offers a first prize of $5,000. As they morph into Astaire's and Charisse's, and as Pierre's lessons instill self-mastery, self-restraint, and self-respect, these previously aimless kids blossom into confident, self-possessed young adults.
- Antonio Banderas, Rob Brown, Yaya DaCosta, Dante Basco, John Ortiz, Laura Benanti, Marcus T. Paulk, Jenna Dewan, Alfre Woodard.
- Choreography by JoAnn Jansen ; music by Aaron Zigman and Swizz Beatz ; editor, Robert Ivison ; director of photography, Alex Nepomniaschy.
- Special features: Deleted/alternate scenes with optional commentary by director Liz Friedlander ; You take the lead - multi-angle tango ; Meet the dungeon kids (17 min.) ; Between the steps: a profile of Pierre Dulaine (17 min.) ; Liz, Swizz, and Ziggy: the director & her music team (10 min.) ; Feature commentary with director Liz Friedlander and editor Robert Ivison ; Trailer remixes ; Trailers ; DVD-ROM features.
Inspired by the life of Pierre Dulaine, creator of "Dancing Classrooms" for public schools in New York City.
- Friedlander, Liz. , Director
Nabatoff, Diane. , Producer
Grace, Michelle. , Producer
Godsick, Christopher. , Producer
Houston, Dianne. , Screenwriter
Banderas, Antonio. , Actor
Brown, Rob, 1984- , Actor
Woodard, Alfre, 1953- , Actor
New Line Cinema Corporation. , Producer
Tiara Blu Films. , Producer
New Line Home Entertainment (Firm) , Producer
- Publisher Number:
N10363 New Line Home Entertainment
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|