Giovanni Stafileo legal decision, 1517.
1 item (1 leaf)
- Piccolomini, Enea di Giacomo di Nanni Todeschini.
Siena (Italy). Balia.
Inheritance and succession -- Italy.
Real property -- Italy.
- Legal documents.
Manuscripts, Latin -- 16th century.
- In Latin.
- Bishop of Sebenico and auditor of the Sacred Palace.
- Legal decision by Giovanni Stafileo, here written as Johannes Staphileus, in litigation between Enea di Giacomo di Nanni Todeschini Piccolomini, a Roman baron and lord of Montemarciano, and his brother Silvio, both nephews of Pope Pius III. Silvio had obtained a decision from the Balia of Siena that deprived his brother of the administration of the paternal estate which Enea allegedly had performed poorly. Stafileo, appointed as a judge to the case by Pope Leo X, reversed the decision of the Balia.
- Penn Provenance:
- Formerly owned by Frederick North, Earl of Guilford, and Sir Thomas Phillipps (part of ms. 6067).
- Cited in:
- From collection described in Zacour, Norman P. and Hirsch, Rudolf. Catalogue of Manuscripts in the Libraries of the University of Pennsylvania to 1800 (Philadelphia: University of Pennsylvania Press, 1965), p. 163 (Ms. Lea 71).
- North, Frederick, Earl of Guilford, 1766-1827, former owner.
Phillipps, Thomas, Sir, 1792-1872, former owner.
- Contained In:
- Piccolomini Family Papers. Folder 76
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|