Pope Pius III agreement, 1485.
1 item (1 leaf)
- Real property -- Italy.
Orvieto (Italy) -- History -- 15th century.
Manuscripts, Latin -- 15th century.
- In Latin.
- Agreement between Francesco Todeschini Piccolomini, then the archbishop of Siena, later Pope Pius III, and Giorgio Ruvere, bishop of Orvieto. The agreement concerns fixing the boundaries of Piccolomini's estates at Monte Alfini, near Orvieto.
- This oversize item is stored in a map drawer.
- Penn Provenance:
- Formerly owned by Sir Thomas Phillipps (part of ms. 22925).
- Cited in:
- From collection described in Zacour, Norman P. and Hirsch, Rudolf. Catalogue of Manuscripts in the Libraries of the University of Pennsylvania to 1800 (Philadelphia: University of Pennsylvania Press, 1965), Supplement A (2). Library Chronicle 35 (1969), p. 32-33 (Ms. Lea 447).
- Ruvere, Giorgio, Bishop of Orvieto.
Phillipps, Thomas, Sir, 1792-1872, former owner.
- Contained In:
- Piccolomini Family Papers. Folder 112
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|