Collateral [videorecording] / a Dreamworks Pictures and Paramount Pictures presentation ; a Parkes/MacDonald production ; a Darabont/Fried/Russell production ; a Michael Mann film, executive producers, Frank Darabont, Rob Fried, Chuck Russell ; produced by Michael Mann, Julie Richardson ; written by Stuart Beattie ; directed by Michael Mann.
- Widescreen [ed.].
- Universal City, CA : DreamWorks : Distributed by DreamWorks Home Entertainment, c2004.
2 videodiscs (120 min.) : sd., col. ; 4 3/4 in.
- Murder for hire -- Drama.
Survival skills -- Drama.
Criminal behavior -- Drama.
Murder -- California -- Drama.
Drug traffic -- California -- Los Angeles -- Drama.
Gangsters -- California -- Los Angeles -- Drama.
Detectives -- California -- Los Angeles -- Drama.
Taxicab drivers -- California -- Los Angeles -- Drama.
Los Angeles (Calif.) -- Drama.
- Feature films.
Detective and mystery films.
Thrillers (Motion pictures)
Video recordings for the hearing impaired.
- In English or dubbed French with optional subtitles in English, French, or Spanish.
- System Details:
- DVD; Region 1, NTSC; 5.1 DTS digital surround, 5.1 Dolby digital surround, 2.0 Dolby digital surround.
- Max is a cab driver. For twelve years, faces have come and gone from his rear-view mirror: people and places he has long since forgotten--until tonight. When a drug cartel learns of their impending indictment by a federal grand jury, they mount an operation to identify and kill the key witness. Vincent is a contract killer. He has one night in L.A.--and five bodies are supposed to fall. Vincent hijacks Max and his cab, making Max collateral--an expendable person who is in the wrong place at the wrong time. Through the night, Vincent forces Max to drive him to each assigned destination, as the L.A.P.D. and F.B.I. race to intercept them. Max and Vincent become dependent on each other, in ways neither would have imagined.
- Disc Two Special features: City of night: The making of Collateral [featurette]
Special delivery [featurette]
Deleted scene with commentary [featurette]
Shooting on location: Annie's office [featurette]
Tom Cruise & Jamie Foxx rehearse [featurette]
Visual FX: MTA train [featurette] (54 min.); Trailers (2 min.) Cast [text feature]; Filmmakers [text feature]; Production notes [text feature].
- Tom Cruise (Vincent), Jamie Foxx (Max), Jada Pinkett Smith (Annie), Mark Ruffalo (Fanning), Peter Berg (Richard Weidner), Bruce McGill (Pedrosa), Irma P. Hall (Ida), Barry Shabaka Henley (Daniel), Richard T. Jones (Traffic cop #1), Klea Scott (Fed #1), Bodhi Elfman (Young professional man), Debi Mazar (young professional woman), Javier Bardem (Felix).
- Directors of photography, Dion Beebe, Paul Cameron ; film editors, Jim Miller, Paul Rubell ; music by James Newton Howard ; production designer, David Wasco ; costume designer, Jeffrey Kurland.
- Aspect ratio 2.40.1; enhanced for widescreen TVs.
Winner, 2004 Future Film Festival Digital Award-Michael Mann, Venice Film Festival.
- Mann, Michael (Michael Kenneth) , Director
Darabont, Frank. , Producer
Fried, Robert N. , Producer
Russell, Chuck, 1952- , Producer
Richardson, Julie. , Producer
Beattie, Stuart. , Screenwriter
Cruise, Tom, 1962- , Actor
Foxx, Jamie. , Actor
Smith, Jada Pinkett, 1971- , Actor
Ruffalo, Mark. , Actor
Berg, Peter, 1964- , Actor
McGill, Bruce, 1950- , Actor
Hall, Irma P., 1937- , Actor
Henley, Barry Shabaka, 1954- , Actor
Jones, Richard T., 1972- , Actor
Scott, Klea, 1968- , Actor
Elfman, Bohdi, 1969- , Actor
Mazar, Debi. , Actor
Bardem, Javier, 1969- , Actor
Beebe, Dion. , Cinematographer
Cameron, Paul, 1958- , Cinematographer
Howard, James Newton. , Composer
DreamWorks Pictures (1994-2006). , Producer
Paramount Pictures Corporation. , Producer
Parkes/MacDonald Productions. , Producer
DreamWorks Home Entertainment (Firm) , Distributor
- Publisher Number:
91734 DreamWorks Home Entertainment
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|