Antwone Fisher [videorecording] / Fox Searchlight Pictures presents ; a Mundy Lane/Todd Black production ; a Denzel Washington film ; produced by Todd Black, Randa Haines, Denzel Washington ; written by Antwone Fisher ; directed by Denzel Washington.
- Widescreen ed.
- Los Angeles, CA : Twentieth Century Fox Film Corporation : Distributed by Twentieth Century Fox Home Entertainment, c2003, c2002.
1 videodisc (120 min.) : sd., col. ; 4 3/4 in.
- United States. Navy -- Drama.
African American sailors -- Drama.
African American young men -- Drama.
Psychiatrists -- United States -- Drama.
African American young men -- Family relationships.
African Americans -- Social conditions -- Drama.
Man-woman relationships -- Drama.
Mothers and sons -- Drama.
Father and child -- Drama.
Coming of age -- Drama.
- Feature films.
Video recordings for the hearing impaired.
- In English, Spanish, or French with optional subtitles in English or Spanish.
- System Details:
- DVD; Region 1, NTSC; Dolby Digital 5.1 Surround, Dolby Digital 2.0 stereo.
- Antwone Fisher, 25, is a gentle, soft-spoken seaman in the Navy. Unless he feels he's been disrespected--which prompts furious, violent outbursts that put him on the brink of a dishonorable discharge. Ordered to see a psychiatrist, eventually the story of his childhood in a foster home, where he was both beaten and sexually abused, comes out. Dr. Davenport argues that Antwone needs to deal with his past, find his family, and attain closure. For Antwone, the journey proves agonizing and freeing, as he puts his past behind him and graduates into responsible manhood.
- Derek Luke, Joy Bryant, Denzel Washington, Salli Richardson, Earl Billings, Kevin Connolly, Viola Davis, Rainoldo Gooding, Novella Nelson, Yolonda Ross, Kenté Scott, Stephen Snedden.
- Director of photography, Philippe Rousselot ; editor, Conrad Buff ; music, Mychael Danna ; costume designer, Sharen Davis ; production designer, Nelson Coates.
- Aspect ratio 2.35:1.
Originally released as a motion picture in 2002.
Special features: Commentary by director Denzel Washington and producer Todd Black [audio feature]; Meeting Antwone Fisher [featurette] (14 min.); The Making of Antwone Fisher [featurette] (22 min.); Hollywood and the Navy [featurette] (5 min.); Previews (8 min.).
Image Awards, 2003: Image Award - Outstanding Motion Picture; Outstanding Supporting Actor in a Motion Picture (Denzel Washington).
- Black, Todd. , Producer
Haines, Randa. , Producer
Washington, Denzel, 1954- , Producer, Director, Actor
Fisher, Antwone Quenton. , Screenwriter
Luke, Derek, 1974- , Actor
Bryant, Joy, 1976- , Actor
Richardson, Salli, 1967- , Actor
Billings, Earl. , Actor
Connolly, Kevin, 1974- , Actor
Davis, Viola, 1965- , Actor
Gooding, Rainoldo. , Actor
Fox Searchlight Pictures. , Producer
Mundy Lane Entertainment (Firm) , Producer
Twentieth Century-Fox Film Corporation. , Producer
Twentieth Century Fox Home Entertainment, Inc. , Distributor
- Publisher Number:
- 024543077060 00
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|