A defence of natural and revealed religion : being an abridgment of the sermons preached at the lecture founded by the Hon[oura]ble Robert Boyle, Esq. / by Dr. Bentley, Bp. Kidder, Bp. Williams, Bp. Gastrell, Dr. Harris, Bp. Bradford, Bp. Blackhall, Dr. Stanhope, Dr. S. Clarke, Dr. Hancock, Mr. Whiston, Dr. Turner, Dr. Butler, Dr. Woodward, Mr. Derham, Dr. Ibbot, Bp. Leng, Dr. J. Clarke, Archd. Gurdon, Dr. Burnet, Dr. Berriman ; with a general index ; by Gilbert Burnet, Vicar of Coggeshall, Essex.
- Other Title:
- Burnet's Boyle's lectures PU
- Dublin : Printed by S. Powell, for Stearne Brock ..., MDCCXXXVII 
4 v. ; 21 cm. (8vo)
- toi- t.he e-i- thAV (3) 1737 (R) v.1
d.re w,be ofst soFo (3) 1737 (R) v.2
bere ate- 4.es shco (3) 1737 (R) v.3
ornt heis r.a- budr (3) 1737 (R) v.4
- Church of England -- Sermons -- 18th century.
Apologetics -- Sermons.
- Place of Publication:
- Ireland Dublin.
- "Edited by Gilbert Burnet, Vicar of Coggeshall."--ESTC.
Signatures: v. 1: A-2F⁸ ; v. 2: A-2E⁸ 2F⁴ ; v. 3: A-2H⁸ ; v. 4: A-Z⁸.
Pagination: v. 1: 464 p. ; v. 2: 456 p. ; v. 3: 496 p. ; v. 4: 368 p.
Vol. 2-4 each has title vignette; v. 2 also has tail-pieces.
- Local notes:
- Penn Libraries copy: each vol. has stamp of Robert Montgomery of Conway on front pastedown and autograph ("J. Burgoyne") on title leaf.
- Penn Provenance:
- Elias, Archibald C. (donor)
Montgomery, Robert (stamp)
Burgoyne, J. (autograph)
- Penn Chronology:
- Cited in:
- ESTC N8424
- Bentley, Richard, 1662-1742.
Boyle, Robert, 1627-1691.
Burnet, Gilbert, Vicar of Coggeshall, d. 1746.
Powell, Samuel, d. 1775, printer.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|