Jonathan Harvey : Song offerings and White as jasmine / Michael Downes.
- Farnham, England ; Burlington, VT : Ashgate, c2009.
- Landmarks in music since 1950.
Landmarks in music since 1950
xiv, 149 p. : ill., music ; 23 cm. + 1 sound disc (digital ; 4 3/4 in).
- Harvey, Jonathan, 1939 -- -Criticism and interpretation.
Harvey, Jonathan, 1939- Song offerings.
Harvey, Jonathan, 1939- White as jasmine.
Music -- 20th century -- History and criticism.
Music -- 21st century -- History and criticism.
- In quest : Jonathan Harvey's musical development from the 1950s to the 1980s
The approach to the absolute : metaphysical preoccupations in Harvey's music
White as jasmine
Towards pure lands : Harvey's music in the twenty-first century.
- Performers on CD: Penelope Walmsley-Clark, soprano, London Sinfonietta, George Benjamin, conductor, Anu Komsi, soprano, BBC Scottish Symphony Orchestra, Ilan Volkov, conductor.
- Includes bibliographical references, discography and index.
1st work recorded at the Maltings, Snape 14-15 November 1988. Released in 1989, Nimbus Records Limited NI 5167. 2nd work recorded at City Halls, Glasgow, 1 February 2007. Released NMC Recordings Ltd NMC D141.
- 9780754660224 (hardcover : alk. paper)
0754660222 (hardcover : alk. paper)
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|