A history of international political theory : ontologies of the international / Hartmut Behr.
- Basingstoke, England ; New York : Palgrave Macmillan, 2010.
xii, 302 p. ; 23 cm.
- International relations -- History.
International relations -- Philosophy.
International relations -- Political aspects -- History.
- "Contemporary theory of international politics faces a twofold problem: the critical engagement with legacies of national power politics in connection to 20th Century International Relations and the regeneration of notions of humanity. This book contributes to this engagement by a genealogy of thoughts on war, peace, and ethics"--Provided by publisher.
- Universalism in Greek and Roman antiquity and Christian political philosophy
Universalistic thinking from early modern times to Enlightenment
The emergence of particularism in the nineteenth and twentieth centuries
The triumph of particularism in twentieth-century international relations theory
Instead of a conclusion : towards renewed ontology(ies).
- Includes bibliographical references and indexes.
- 9780230524866 (hardback)
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|