Piccolomini family land agreement, 1278.
1 item (1 leaf) : parchment.
- Real property -- Italy -- 13th century..
Pienza (Italy) -- History -- 13th century.
- Legal documents.
Manuscripts, Latin -- 13th century.
- In Latin.
- Agreement dated June 16, 1278, fixing boundaries of land, probably in Corsignano (rebuilt in the 15th century as Pienza by Pope Pius II, formerly Aeneas Silvius Piccolomini), involving members of the Piccolomini family, including Renaldus di Turchio (with the title of procurator), Bernardinus di Roma, and Cione d'Alamanno Piccolomini. Notarized by Jacobus filus Bartolomei or Giacomo di Bartolomeo.
- Penn Provenance:
- Formerly owned by Sir Thomas Phillipps (part of ms. 20709).
- Cited in:
- From collection described in Zacour, Norman P. and Hirsch, Rudolf. Catalogue of Manuscripts in the Libraries of the University of Pennsylvania to 1800 (Philadelphia: University of Pennsylvania Press, 1965), Supplement A (2). Library Chronicle 35 (1969), p. 30-32 (Ms. Lea 446).
- Piccolomini, Rinaldo di Turchio.
Piccolomini, Bernardo di Roma.
Piccolomini, Cione d'Alamanno.
Phillipps, Thomas, Sir, 1792-1872, former owner.
- Contained In:
- Piccolomini Family Papers. Folder 8
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|