Francis Hutcheson: an inquiry concerning beauty, order, harmony, design. Edited, with an introd. and notes by Peter Kivy.
- Other Title:
- An inquiry concerning beauty, order, harmony, design.
- The Hague, Martinus Nijhoff, 1973.
- Archives internationales d'histoire des idées. Series minor, 9
123 p. 24 cm.
Aesthetics -- Early works to 1800.
- An inquiry concerning beauty, order, harmony, design is the first of two treatises which together comprise the Inquiry into the original of our ideas of beauty and virtue, first published in 1725; the three papers which comprise the Reflections upon laughter were previously published in 1750 as part of a work titled Reflections upon laughter, and remarks upon the fable of the bees.
Includes bibliographical references.
- Kivy, Peter, ed.
Hutcheson, Francis, 1694-1746.
- Hutcheson, Francis, 1694-1746. Reflections upon laughter. 1973.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|