The iris : an illuminated souvenir for MDCCCLI / edited by Professor John S. Hart.
- Other Title:
- Iris, souvenir for 1851
- Philadelphia : Published by Lippincott, Grambo & Co. ..., 1851, c1850 (Philadelphia : C. Sherman, printer)
xii, -312 p.,  leaves of plates : ill. (some col.), ports., music ; 24 cm.
- Gift books.
Chromolithography -- Specimens.
- Gift books -- Pennsylvania -- Philadelphia -- 19th century.
- Place of Publication:
- United States Pennsylvania Philadelphia.
- The plates are included in the pagination sequence.
Four color, gilt plates, including the presentation plate, the added title leaf, illustrations leaf, and a leaf with musical notation entitled "The Iris Waltz, composed by Miss Augusta Browne", signed: Schuessele del, printed in color by P. S. Duval, Phila.
- Local notes:
- Gift Book Collection copy has the autograph, in pencil, of E. H. Werner(?), dated December 3(?), 1852, on the front free endpaper.
- Penn Provenance:
- Burr, Charles W. (Charles Walts), 1861- (donor) (Gift Book Collection copy)
Werner(?), E. H. (autograph) (Gift Book Collection copy)
- Penn Chronology:
- Cited in:
- Faxon, F. W. Literary Annuals and Gift Books, 389
Thompson, R. Annuals, p. 129
- Schussele, Christian, 1826?-1879.
Duval, Peter S., 1804 or 5-1886.
Sherman, Conger, 1793-1867.
Lippincott, Grambo & Co.
Gift Book Collection (University of Pennsylvania)
- Browne, Augusta. Iris waltz.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|