A system of modern geography : designed for the use of schools and academies : illustrated by 23 copper-plate maps, drawn and engraved expressly for this work from the latest authorities : embellished with numerous engravings / by S. Augustus Mitchell.
- New ed.
- Philadelphia : E.H. Butler & Co., 1888.
- Mitchell's new intermediate geography
126, 12 p. : ill., maps ; 31 cm.
- Geography -- Textbooks.
Pennsylvania -- Geography -- Textbooks.
- Advertisements -- Pennsylvania -- Philadelphia -- 19th century.
- Place of Publication:
- United States Pennsylvania Philadelphia.
- "Pennsylvania edition"--Cover.
"A geography of Pennsylvania: designed for schools and intended to accompany Mitchell's new intermediate geography ... by J.P. Wickersham": P. 1-12 (second count).
Publisher's advertisement on t.p. verso.
- Local notes:
- Given to the Penn Libraries by Robert M. Gendall.
Penn Libraries copy imperfect: p. 39-42 wanting.
Penn Libraries copy bound in original illustrated cloth boards.
Penn Libraries copy has autographs of John H. Deatrick and ms. inscription ("Prof R A Lyttle Teacher") on front free endpaper; maps chiefly hand-colored; sheet of paper with ms. map of South America on one side and ms. inscription ("Edna Spangler") on the other laid in.
Penn Libraries copy: p. 7-8 torn across lower portion of leaf; back free endpaper wanting.
- Penn Provenance:
- Gendall, Robert M. (donor)
Deatrick, John H. (autograph)
Lyttle, R. A. (inscription)
Spangler, Edna (inscription)
- Penn Chronology:
- Wickersham, James Pyle, 1825-1893.
- Geography of Pennsylvania.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|