Ethnographic video online [electronic resource].
- Other Title:
- Alexander Street Press Ethnographic Video Online
Ethnographic Video Online: Volume 1
Ethnographic Video Online: Volume 2
Ethnographic Video Online: Volume I
Ethnographic Video Online: Volume II
At head of title on home page,
: Alexander Street Anthropology
- [Alexandria, Va.] : Alexander Street Press, c2010-
1 online resource
Began in 2010.
- Electronic reference sources.
- Videos in many languages, with the majority in English; those not in English have subtitles in English. Transcripts in English.
- System Details:
- System requirements: Microsoft Internet Explorer 7.0 (or higher) or Firefox 3.0 (or higher); Adobe Flash Player 9 (or higher).
Mode of access: World Wide Web.
- Intended to be a visual encyclopedia of human behavior and culture, online in streaming video. Contains classic and contemporary documentaries; previously unpublished footage from working anthropologists and ethnographers in the field; and select feature films. Includes footage from every continent and hundreds of unique cultures. Thematic areas include: language and culture, kinesthetics, body language, food and foraging, cooking, economic systems, social stratification and status, caste systems and slavery, male and female roles, kinship and families, political organization, conflict and conflict resolution, religion and magic, music and the arts, culture and personality, and sex, gender, and family roles.
- Streaming video files.
Title from home page (viewed June 7, 2011).
- Local notes:
- Acquired for the Penn Libraries with assistance from the Rosengarten Family Fund.
- Alexander Street Press.
Rosengarten Family Fund.
- Access Restriction:
- Restricted for use by site license.