British Speeches, 1870-1914, and German Speeches, 1871-1912 [electronic resource] Robert North, Richard Lagerstrom, William Mitchell.
- Ann Arbor, Mich. : Inter-university Consortium for Political and Social Research [distributor], 1984.
- ICPSR (Series) ; 5902.
1 online resource.
- Great Britain -- Politics and government -- 1837-1901.
Great Britain -- Politics and government -- 1901-1936.
Germany -- Politics and government -- 1871-1933.
- System Details:
- Mode of access: World Wide Web.
- This textual data collection contains computer-readable texts of speeches in the British Parliament and in the German Reichstag in the period 1870-1914 and 1871-1921, respectively, to enable content analysis. Also included are two British equivalence files. The first equivalence file, British Speech Full Equivalence Deck, includes (a) geographic equivalences, (b) General Inquirer political dictionary, and (c) words from the British text equivalence under either (a) or (b). The second equivalence file, British Speech Equivalence Deck, Geographic Only, is a shortened version of the first equivalence file with about one hundred keywords in three dimensions: geographic, affect, and strength. A computer analysis program called DICTION is available for use with these texts.
- Part 1: Text of British Parliamentary Speeches in Reply, 1870-1914; Part 2: British Speech Full Equivalence Deck; Part 3: Text of German Reichstag Speeches From the Throne,1817-1912; Part 4: British Speech Equivalence Deck, Geographic Only
- Title from ICPSR DDI metadata of 2004-10-30.
- North, Robert.
Inter-university Consortium for Political and Social Research.
- Access Restriction:
- Restricted for use by site license.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|