Detroit Area Study, 1966 [electronic resource] Stratified Association and Values in the Urban Community / Edward O. Laumann.
- 2nd ICPSR ed
- Ann Arbor, Mich. : Inter-university Consortium for Political and Social Research [distributor], 1984.
- ICPSR (Series) ; 7405.
Detroit Area Studies Series 7405
1 online resource.
- Men -- Michigan -- Detroit -- Attitudes.
Friendship -- Michigan -- Detroit -- Public opinion.
Detroit (Mich.) -- Social conditions -- Public opinion.
- System Details:
- Mode of access: World Wide Web.
- This study of 1,013 adult white males aged 21-64 in the Detroit metropolitan area provides information on their opinions of certain public and personal issues, as well as the pattern of their friendship networks. Respondents were asked about their friends, jobs, leisure time activities, and interests, as well as their attitudes toward certain political issues. Data are provided on respondents' social and work associations, and their interactions among a common group of friends. Other items elicited respondents' views on immigration, labor unions, the role of government, government spending on public schools, public parks, and county hospitals, income-earning work, racial imbalance in schools, the role of the husband in household chores responsibility, Communists, Ku Klux Klansmen, the ideal number of children for the average American family, and success. Additional items provide information on respondents' membership in organizations and clubs, their use of free time, and their home furnishings. Demographic variables include age, sex, marital status, country of birth, education, occupation, religion, political party affiliation, home ownership, family income, original nationality of parents, number of children, social class identification, and length of residence in the Detroit area.... Cf.: http://dx.doi.org/10.3886/ICPSR07405
- Part 1: Data File
- Title from ICPSR DDI metadata of 2004-10-30.
- Inter-university Consortium for Political and Social Research.
- Access Restriction:
- Restricted for use by site license.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|