Roster of United States Congressional Officeholders and Biographical Characteristics of Members of the United States Congress, 1789-1996 [electronic resource] Merged Data / Inter-university Consortium for Political and Social ResearchCarroll McKibbin.
- 10th ICPSR ed
- Ann Arbor, Mich. : Inter-university Consortium for Political and Social Research [distributor], 1984.
- ICPSR (Series) ; 7803.
United States Congressional Biographical Data Series 7803
1 online resource.
- United States. Congress -- Biography.
United States. Congress -- Registers.
United States -- Biography.
United States. Congress
- System Details:
- Mode of access: World Wide Web.
- This dataset contains variables describing congressional service and selected biographical characteristics for each person who has served in the United States Congress. This release of the data includes members of the 104th Congress. Approximately 11,455 individuals are represented in this file, each identified by a unique five-digit identification number. A data record exists for every Congress in which an individual served, as well as for each chamber in which a person may have served in a given Congress. To illustrate, a member of the House of Representatives who is appointed to fill a vacancy in the Senate during a term of service will have two data records for that Congress. The congressional service variables include political party affiliation, district, state and region represented, and exact and cumulative dates of service in each Congress and each chamber, as well as total congressional service. The biographical variables cover state and region of birth, education, military service, occupation, other political offices held, relatives who also have held congressional office, reason for leaving each Congress, and occupation and political offices held subsequent to service in Congress. Many of these specific variables are summarized in a collapsed variable.... Cf.: http://dx.doi.org/10.3886/ICPSR07803
- Part 1: Data File
- Title from ICPSR DDI metadata of 2004-10-30.
- McKibbin, Carroll.
Inter-university Consortium for Political and Social Research.
- Access Restriction:
- Restricted for use by site license.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|