British Election Study [electronic resource] [June] 1983 / A.F. Heath, R.M. Jowell, J.K. Curtice, E.J. Field.
- ICPSR version
- Ann Arbor, Mich. : Inter-university Consortium for Political and Social Research [distributor], 1985.
- ICPSR (Series) ; 8409.
British General Election Survey Series 8409
1 online resource.
- Public opinion -- Great Britain.
Elections -- Great Britain -- Public opinion.
Voting -- Great Britain -- Public opinion.
Great Britain -- Politics and government -- 1964-1979 -- Public opinion.
Great Britain -- Social conditions -- 1945- -- Public opinion.
- System Details:
- Mode of access: World Wide Web.
- This joint project between investigators at Oxford University and at Social and Community Planning Research was designed to yield a representative sample of eligible voters in Great Britain at the time of the 1983 general election. As with previous surveys in the series, electors in Northern Ireland and the Scottish Highlands and Islands were excluded from the sampling frame. Fieldwork was conducted between July and October and 93 percent of the respondents were interviewed within 12 weeks of the election. Respondents were asked if they cared about the election outcome and what newspaper they read for campaign information. They were also asked to rate the degree of difference between political parties and to give their voting preferences and party affiliations. Respondents provided their opinions on nuclear weaponry, conflict in Northern Ireland, unemployment, inflation, education, and trade unions. Demographic information collected on respondents includes age, sex, marital status, employment history, and self-assigned social class. The respondents also provided information on their parents' social classes and employment histories.... Cf.: http://dx.doi.org/10.3886/ICPSR08409
- Part 1: Data File
- Title from ICPSR DDI metadata of 2004-10-30.
- Heath, A.F.
Field, E. J.
Inter-university Consortium for Political and Social Research.
- Access Restriction:
- Restricted for use by site license.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|